Where are you located?
Our physical office for “in-person” sessions is located at 3524 Silverside Rd, Suite 34, Wilmington, DE 19810. Our office is on the first floor and offers the comfort of a small office setting with privacy and serene landscaping. We also offer Virtual/Telehealth services using a HIPPA compliant video and phone service for confidentiality.
What are your office hours?
Our office hours are by appointment only. Please contact us directly at 302-415-3398 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. There is no online scheduling or weekend appointments at this time.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Credit or cash is accepted. Payment due at the time of service.
Do you accept insurance?
No. We are NOT an in-network provider at this time. Meaning, we will not be collecting your “co-pay.” However, we ARE an out-of-network provider. Many of my clients have “out-of-network” benefits for their mental health treatment but are unaware they exist or don’t know how to access them. If you have Out-of-Network or PPO benefits you may be eligible for your insurance to cover some or all of your expenses after you file the claim.
Our “typical” experience with a client using out-of-network benefits is that they have a deductible to meet first (which varies by plan) and then they are reimbursed 50%-70% (called co-insurance percentage NOT co-pay) of their investment in treatment. If your employer offers a Health Savings Account (HSA) you are likely eligible to receive reimbursement (at a pre-tax rate) for your sessions.
All that is required to receive reimbursement is a receipt from us after our session with the necessary details (diagnostic code, diagnosis, dates of appointments, fees) along with a form provided by your insurance. This method has been successful for the majority of clients.
The first thing you can do is contact your insurance company to learn:
1) If you have out of network coverage for mental health benefits.
2) What is your deductible amount.
3) What is your reimbursement rate (called co-insurance not co-pay). This will be a percentage of how much the insurance is willing to pay/reimburse you for the session and how much will be your responsibility.
4) How many sessions per calendar year your plan covers.
5) Is there a limitation on how much your insurance carrier will pay per session.
6) Is approval from your primary care physician required.
7) Is an LPC (licensed professional counselor) approved to be utilized for your out of network mental health benefit.